Zucchini Crust Pesto Pizza, adapted from THIS recipe
- 1 T. olive oil & flour (regular or brown rice flour) to coat pan
- 2 cups packed grated zucchini
- 2 egg whites (+1 egg yolk, optional)
- 1/4 cup flour (regular or brown rice flour)
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 T. chopped basil pinch of basil and/or rosemary
- Crushed garlic to taste
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. basil pesto (optional)
- oven roasted cherry tomatoes
- extra grated cheese
- diced onion or peppers
- thinly sliced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Oil or spray pan of your choice and sprinkle with flour. If you want thinner crust, use a pizza pan with slightly raised edges.
- Mix together zucchini, eggs, flour, cheeses, herbs, seasoning, and 1 tbsp olive oil thoroughly.
- Spread evenly in baking dish and add your choice of toppings.
- Bake at 400 degrees f (or 350) for 35-40 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
For some additional things to do with your zucchini this week, try Linda Oldenburg’s recipe for Zucchini Oven Chips OR
Traditional Zucchini Bread by Mrs. Harry Swoyer (St. Paul, Biglerville)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Combine oil, eggs, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla. Stir in rest of dry ingredients. Fold in nuts. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake 1 hour @ 325 degrees. Recipe freezes and stores well.